My name is Alan Greene. I'm a twenty-something web developer, software engineer, musician, avid reader, and lover of all things tech. I'm currently living in Dublin, Ireland.
Here's a summary of some of the things I've been doing these past few years:
- March 2011 → present - Software Engineer - I am currently a Software Engineer at IBM, working on web-based unified collaboration and communications solutions for enterprise.
- July 2009 → March 2011 - Software Engineer - I worked as a Software Engineer at Cellusys, developing core technologies for the flagship CSS7 product line, the SMS Defence anti-spam / anti-fraud system, as well as billing, message screening, and roam steering products.
- September 2005 → May 2009 - B.Sc. in Computer Applications (Software Engineering) - Graduated with a BSc. in Computer Applications (Software Engineering), DCU.
- April → September 2008 - Software Engineer (intern) - I completed a 6 month INTRA placement at Cellusys, developing the SMS Defence fraud, spam, and virus prevention system for mobile network operators.
- May 2008 → September 2010 - Lead Developer - I worked on the RadioNations.com project as an independent contractor in the role of Lead Developer / Technical Consultant.
- November 2007 → April 2008 - Junior Developer - I worked part time as a Junior Developer for Business Information Systems, a sister company of Mobil Information Systems, on a range of projects relating to real-time GPS vehicle tracking and fleet management.
- September 2006 → May 2007 - Lab tutor - I have worked as a lab tutor for 1st year students of Computer Applications in DCU, assisting with lab exercises, grading assignments, and supervising exams.
- January 2002 → June 2010 - Leaving Cert Grinds / French / Music teacher - Gave Leaving Certificate grinds in Higher Level French, Irish, music, and maths, as well as beginner's / intermediate French lessons to 9-15 year olds. I have also taught piano on an individual basis, and traditional Irish flute to groups and individuals from a wide range of age groups.
Any employers looking for my complete CV can contact me to request a copy.